On Sun July 20 2003 18:00, Kursad Kayaturk wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>       I am new to freeradius server system. I got it
> running up only for five or six days and everthing
> seems fine except cisco-nas-port. I got weird values
> in the database for cisco nas port it is Serial3/0=2A
> but I expect it in Serial3/0:## format. If I use
> no aaa nas port extended then I get CAS 3/0/#=2A. What
> can be wrong any ideas guys. Please help me. I use R2
> digital signalling with Cisco As5350 and E1 GSM
> gateway from orion telecom.

Hi Kursad

After your email to me off list on Friday we have been discussing this issue.
(You can see the thread in the archives for freeradius-devel list) It is
caused by some old code that is designed to protect the database backends
from weird characters. This code will be updated soon I expect but not untill
after the 0.9.0 release on Monday. (It will probably take a few weeks after
that I expect)

As this is now a known problem, there is not much for you to do except wait
until we have fixed the server code in CVS (Unless you wish to code a fix
yourself).

For our information, could you please verify that the information you expect
is actually present in the detail files in the format you expect. It would
also help if you could mail the list with that particular line form your
detail file so we have an example to work with. (My ciscos are configured a
little differently to yours so I would like to see the exact output you see)

Regards

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/