> From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Sinisa Burina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > accounting) by external scripts, with custom MySQL database in the
> > background that holds all the information and flags for ADSL/VPN
> > accounts.
>
>   FreeRADIUS can do this without running external scripts.

I'm still puzzled - do I _have_ to follow proposed MySQL DB structure with attributes
and operatirs, or there is a way to use my existing structure which is conceptually
very different and is not to be changed? Let's leave all the rest on the side, and see
how to authenticate the user against plaintext password stored in one simple MySQL
table with only two fields: "user" and "pass", using FR integrated features. A simple
example would be very appreciated! :-) Please?

> I would suggest that you build a *new* configuration for FreeRADIUS
> to do what you want, instead of copying the old XTRadius
> configuration.  It will be much easier to do than duplicating
> XTRadius, and it's something you'll want to do anyhow.

Right, as soon as I develop the understanding of FR logic to some satisfactory level.
:-)

>   These can be put into the 'acct_users' file.  Change
> Exec-Program-Account to Exec-Program-Wait, and accounting should work.

Thanks, this is fully functional.

--
Best Regards,
      Sinisa Burina