Kudos to the FreeRADIUS team!
I have been using FreeRADIUS for about a year now, since I built a WLAN for an
Apartment building in South Central Los Angeles utilizing FreeRADIUS/EAP-TLS for
auth [for WInXP clients :)] and FreeS/WAN for encryption.  Now I utilize it at
home with two Linksys wireless routers: the WRT51AB and the WRT54G.  I had only
the WRT51AB talking to FreeRADIUS on a slackware box using EAP-TLS with dynamic
wep re-keying set to 250 sec (beautiful i might add that mppe keys were good for
something), but I found out today that the WRT54G (802.11g) wl router just had a
firmware upgrade that utilizes WPA with no less that AES encryption.  I had to
see if it was true.  I went to compusa and bought the router for $110. (holy
s**t), and a WPC54G wireless card because they had new drivers for that too.
(This card cost $70 - not quite cheap.) So for $200 I had in my hand an
AES-enabled industrial strength wireless kit.  I set it up as the default router
and chained it to the existing WRT51AB, which I configured as a switch only
(interesting that the ports auto-sense MDI/MDI-X....) using a straight through
cable.  I set the new  wl-g router to point to the radius server and set
WPA-RADIUS with AES encryption (XP client with latest drivers) on the router and
the laptops wl-g nic. It fired up and...worked!  I didn't believe it but I fired
up Ethereal to see:

http://mikro-net.com/eth/eth/  - this shows the packets through ethereal

None of this was possible, of course without FreeRADIUS.

Anyway I know this was lengthy and maybe not the right forum, but I just wanted
to thank the FreeRADIUS developers for providing a FREE radius server that
despite its MAJOR_VERSION=0 I have dared to use in production enviroments with
great success..... THANK YOU!

 mikro network solutions  *  http://www.mikro-net.com

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html