In his inimicable (?) style, Alan DeKok wrote:
> "Rudramuni PH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Full Debug in formation
>   <sigh>  Go back and read it.  The answer to your question is in the
> debug log you posted to the list.

Alan, to you it is insanely obvious, to a first timer reading hundreds of
lines of "potentially" useful output, the critical bits are "buried in the
noise" -- would it have really taken that long for you to say:

> Full Debug in formation
[...]
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1025, id=152, length=57
[...]
>       User-Name = "rudra"
>       User-Password = "rudra"
>       NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
>       NAS-Port = 10

This [hopefully obvious] section shows you what the server parsed out of the
request

>     users: Matched DEFAULT at 152

This important line tells you what the server believes to be the "user" to be
validated

[...]
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System

this important line tells us that we'll be looking up the user in the
/etc/passwd file, i.e., we expect the user to be a regular user of the linux
server itself

>   modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound
> modcall: group authenticate returns notfound
> auth: Failed to validate the user.

and as you might imagine, we don't find a user called "rudra" in the system.

Things to check: [ok alan, this is where it gets subjective, and I'm sure for
you overly repetitive -- NOW you can refer someone to a FAQ (if it's in
there) and specifically WHERE in the FAQ to start looking]

  -- the conf file to figure out why the wrong authentication method was being
used [i.e., "system"]
  -- the user's file to figure out why the user "rudra" wasn't found/matched
  -- any databases in use? properly configured? right "op" values?

Not the exact answer, but some directions for someone new to this to start
looking...
--
Yet another Blog: http://osnut.homelinux.net