Hi Peter, Thanks for the prompt response!  Here are my logs (sorry for
the lengthiness):

******** Output of the ORINOCO from radiusd -X:

Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host XXX.XX.XX.XX:6001, id=31,
length=64
        User-Name = "00062541e359"
        User-Password = "3\035\300\350#"ka9y\215\330J\020\000|"
        NAS-IP-Address = XXX.XX.XX.XX
        NAS-Port = 0
modcall: entering group authorize
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns ok
radius_xlat:  '00062541e359'
sql_escape in:  '00062541e359'
sql_escape out:  '00062541e359'
sql_set_user:  escaped user --> '00062541e359'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = '00062541e359' ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql: Reserving sql socket id: 4
SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username =
'00062541e359' ORDER BY id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgrou
pcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = 'user' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id' SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgrou
pcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = 'user' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = '00062541e359' ORDER BY id' SELECT
id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE Username =
'00062541e359' ORDER BY id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgrou
preply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = '00062541e359' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id' SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgrou
preply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = '00062541e359' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT Value,Attribute FROM radcheck WHERE UserName =
'00062541e359' AND ( Attribute = 'User-Password' OR Attribute =
'Password' OR Attribute = 'Crypt-Password') ORDER BY Attribute DESC'
SELECT Value,Attribute FROM radcheck WHERE UserName = '00062541e359' AND
( Attribute = 'User-Password' OR Attribute = 'Password' OR Attribute =
'Crypt-Password') ORDER BY Attribute DESC
rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 4
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound
modcall: group authorize returns ok
auth: type Local
auth: user supplied User-Password matches local User-Password Sending
Access-Accept of id 31 to XXX.XX.XX.XX:6001 Finished request 1

******** Output of the ORINOCO accounting log:

Fri Aug  8 11:39:00 2003
        User-Name = "00062541e359"
        Acct-Session-Id = "00062541e359"
        NAS-Identifier = "LawSchool1-1"
        NAS-IP-Address = XXX.XX.XX.XX
        NAS-Port = 2
        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Client-IP-Address = XXX.XX.XX.XX
        Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "a248070840f3cb22"
        Timestamp = 1060360740

******** Output of the CISCO from radiusd -X:

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host XXX.XX.XX.XX:1028, id=0,
length=143
        User-Name = "00022d111111"
        User-Password = " \\?\276ps\362\307\326\335#!\326\241\210\030"
        NAS-IP-Address = XXX.XX.XX.XX
        Called-Station-Id = "000ccec83d0c"
        NAS-Port = 37
        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
        Cisco-AVPair = "ssid=northgate_wireless"
        Calling-Station-Id = "00022d111111"
        NAS-Identifier = "udp001618uds"
modcall: entering group authorize
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns ok
radius_xlat:  '00022d111111'
sql_escape in:  '00022d111111'
sql_escape out:  '00022d111111'
sql_set_user:  escaped user --> '00022d111111'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = '00022d111111' ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql: Reserving sql socket id: 4
SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username =
'00022d111111' ORDER BY id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgrou
pcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = '00022d111111' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id' SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgrou
pcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = '00022d111111' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = '00022d111111' ORDER BY id' SELECT
id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE Username =
'00022d111111' ORDER BY id
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgrou
preply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = '00022d111111' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id' SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgrou
preply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE
usergroup.Username = '00022d111111' AND usergroup.GroupName =
radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id
rlm_sql: Pairs do not match [00022d111111]
rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 4
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound
modcall: group authorize returns ok
auth: No Auth-Type configuration for the request, rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0

******** Output of the CISCO accounting log:

Thu Aug  7 14:36:41 2003
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        User-Name = "00022d111111"
        Acct-Session-Id = "  500001"
        Acct-Authentic = Local
        NAS-Port = 37
        Calling-Station-Id = "00022d111111"
        NAS-Identifier = "udp001617uds"
        NAS-IP-Address = XXX.XX.XX.XX
        Cisco-AVPair = "0"
        Cisco-AVPair = ""
        Cisco-AVPair = "open"
        Cisco-AVPair = "northgate_wireless"
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        Client-IP-Address = XXX.XX.XX.XX
        Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "2c817f6a9cb3342f"
        Timestamp = 1060285001