At first glance, this appears to be barfing because it's trying to
contact the absent server with OCIErrorGet to find out why it can't
contact the server....

As a test, try putting 'return msgbuf;' on line 48, right after the
memset call. You'll get no error text in your logs, but if that fixes
it then we've possibly hit a segfaulting bug in liboracleclient...

It'd be worth checking the values of the parameters to OCIErrorGet to
confirm they're what we'd expect...

I think the command in GDB is 'print oracle_sock->errHandle' and the
like...

Mind you, I don't know the meaning of the parameters to OCIErrorCode
anyway... It may just need some parameter checking before OCIErrorCode
is called.

Anyway, the reason it doesn't failover is because this segfault comes
on the line before the module returns RLM_MODULE_FAIL, which I expect
would trigger the failover. So with the 'return' inserted as described
above, it should failover fine.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a one line proof...if we start
sufficiently far to the left.
        -- Cambridge University Math Department