Alan DeKok wrote:

Sean Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Problem 1) the radiusclient will not compile out of the box for me. I have hand hacked my makefile so it compiles all of the .c files into the .so. The default makefile blows up trying to run autoheader.

  That's what 'configure' is for.  The *developer* is supposed to run
autoheader & autoconf, to create 'configure'.  The average user should
NEVER run 'autoheader'.

Which is what confused me. It has a configure script, which runs and then the make process tries to run it again.

The m4 files apparently are too far out of date for recent aclocal and friends so I could not easily fix them.

Problem 2) ok, so I got it compiled. Now when I try to connect pppd segfaults. I can not figure out a way to diagnose this. I tried replacing pppd with this:

ulimit -c unlimited
/usr/sbin/pppd.real $@
exit $?

but I still did not get a core.

Run pppd by hand, inside of gdb.

  PPPd is probably changing UID's, in which case the kernel won't
allow it to core dump.

I was trying to setup a pptp config with poptop, not sure how to test the pppd by hand. Do you have any pointers? Other websites, howtos, etc welcomed.