Hi there,

I have a client who uses auto-generated usernames used for logging into radius, and he has complained that his usernames are unable to log in to our equipment (a cisco 5350 + freeradius 0.8.1).

The username consists of 59 characters, then 11 for the @realm.

I see from radiusd.h the following:

typedef struct radclient {
       uint32_t                ipaddr;
       uint32_t                netmask;
       char                    longname[256];
       u_char                  secret[32];
       char                    shortname[32];
       char                    nastype[32];
       char                    login[32];
       char                    password[32];
       struct radclient        *next;
} RADCLIENT;

Is this, with the 'login[32]' causing the length limit? If so can it be increased to say login[255] without causing other elements to break?

Some assistance or advice would be appreciated. It is doubtful that the usernames being auto-generated can be reduced in length.

Thanks,

James