"Darren R. Weber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I then moved on to attempt to talk to a switch.  I have run into two
> problems.  Number one: I have a short list of attributes and values
> specific for these boxes that I got from Nortel but they conflict with
> some of the default attributes.  In particular the
> Ascend-Pre-Output-Packets attribute.

  Which isn't a "default" attribute, it's another Vendor-specific
attribute.  If you don't have any Ascend equipment, you don't need it.

> Here is the list I need:
>
> ATTRIBUTE Access-Priority 193 integer
> VALUE Access-Priority None-Access 0
> VALUE Access-Priority Read-Only-Access 1
> VALUE Access-Priority L1-Read-Write-Access 2
> VALUE Access-Priority L2-Read-Write-Access 3
> VALUE Access-Priority L3-Read-Write-Access 4
> VALUE Access-Priority Read-Write-Access 5
> VALUE Access-Priority Read-Write-All-Access 6
> ATTRIBUTE Cli-Command 193 string

  Uh.... no.  You've given BOTH of those attributes the same number.
That's wrong.

> I attempted to add these to the dictionary in several places following
> the man page and comments in the dictionary file and no attempt seemed
> to work properly.  Where and how do I properly add these?

  Add them to raddb/dictionary, at the end.

> The second question I have relates to a log entry.  Even when I get an
> Access-Accept I find a log entry like this:
>
> Error: rlm_eap: EAP-Message not found

  You've set 'Auth-Type := EAP'.  Don't do that.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html