Hi,

I'm working on RADIUS server and RADIUS client for the first time.I have gone thru the
docs b'4 configuring the both.First I tested out in local machine.. and it is done.I
used both "CHAP-Password" and "User-Password"(using Auth +=System).Both worked well
for localmachine.To verify b'4 putting client to other machine...I did check out with
aliased IP-address in the same machine(still in local).

Now I compiled and just transferred to other machine(say an embedded board).After
compiling for that arch I put into that board with dictionary also(even I made
dictionary.compat into the main dictionary,since I can't have many file descriptors in
the board).Then I put the entry of the IPaddress into clients.conf.(Still I work with
combined dictionary in the local machine)

Now the problem I'm facing is

" Attribute "User-Name" is required for authentication. " In the server side and it is
saying  "Access-Reject".
(I tried to use /etc/passwd method and also CHAP-Password method)

The format in which I'm doing is working when I work on local machine..but why not
from a remote machine.May be I'm making a silly mistake somewhere.So pls make me
understand about this scenario.

The other problems are always server gives a message saying "rlm_eap: EAP-Message not
found" (Even if it authenticates or not).

Thanx in advance

//Vishal

--
PS: CC (only personal mails) to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
    | @   @ |        \ Tel: 91-80-5716909             \ www.icope.com
              \
...the Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it
yourself". That's it.\

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html