Hi,
I have a Freeradius server (v0.8.1) where I may configure multiple accounting methods in radiusd.conf. These could be any of the ones supplied with Freeradius, like detail, radutmp, etc, or a new one that I wrote. My new one may succeed or fail in writing the accounting record. Currently, I return RLM_MODULE_FAIL if it fails and RLM_MODULE_OK if it succeeds. The problem is, if I run another method like detail first and it succeeds, then I run mine and it fails, the accounting group returns failure and no Accounting-Response is sent. Is that the correct behavior? If not, should my accounting method return RLM_MODULE_NOOP or some other code in the failure case? I looked at rlm_detail..c and it returns RLM_MODULE_FAIL in its failure cases. I thought we should send Accounting-Response if any succeed, so the remaining Accounting-Requests will be sent.

Dave