Hello all,

I'm trying to setup radiusd to start when the computer boots up, and to get
started again if it fails. I'm running Mandrake Linux 8.2.

I've read a good few of the mailing list posts about this and have installed
daemontools, which works fine :)

I tried to run radiusd as a service (please excuse my terminology if that's
not a unix term!) by putting the provided radiusd script (from the scripts
directory in the extracted source files) into the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory
and created all the appropriate symlinks in rc0.d, rc1.d, rc3.d, and rc5.d.
When I boot up I can see the message "Starting radiusd     [OK]" amongst all
the other services like httpd, etc., so I presume it's running, but when I
log in and type "lsof -i" at the command line I don't see any radiusd
processes running :(
Does this mean that the radius server isn't running (that's where I've seen
it when I run it just from the command line) or is it in fact running but
services are shown somewhere else?

I would reallllly appreciate it if someone would take me through how to get
radiusd to start at boot time (with daemontools also monitoring it without
me having to type supervise /var/svc/radiusd every time I reboot)?

Many thanks in advance,

simon

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html