Dear all,

I am trying to set up a reverse proxy with Apache 2.0.47 using
mod_auth_pam.
PAM is configured to use pam_auth_radius in /etc/pam.d/httpd
User shall be authenticated against a remote RADIUS server using
pam_auth_radius.so

The /etc/pam.d/httpd file contains:

auth required     pam_auth_radius.so

This has worked wonderful with Squid on other machines.

With Apache, the authentication is working fine if the RADIUS user exists
as a local user as well.
As soon as I want to authenticate a user, that exists only on the remote
RADIUS server, the authentication
fails.

In httpd.conf, I activated the PAM authentication by loading the module
mod_auth_pam.so and enabling
it via

<Directory />
AllowOverride AuthConfig
AuthPAM_Enabled on
AuthName "RADIUS authentication"
AuthType "basic"
Require valid-user
</Directory>

Apache's error log says: "invalid account:  User not known to the
underlying authentication module"

What did I forget?

Any help would be highly appreciated since I'm completely stuck at this
point.

Thank you.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html