On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Rohaizam Abu Bakar wrote:

> Please help me to tune recommended value in radiusd.conf for HIGH load environment
>
> Used:
>
>     FreeBSD 4.8
>     Freeradius 0.9.0
>     Openldap 2.0.27

> max_request_time = 30
> delete_blocked_requests = no
> cleanup_delay = 5
> max_requests = 256000
> hostname_lookups = yes
> allow_core_dumps = no
>
> # THREAD POOL CONFIGURATION
> thread pool {
>     start_servers = 5
>     max_servers = 2048        => is it too high ???

Probably yes. If your backend responds quickly you wont need to increase it to
such high levels. You will need to increase the start_servers,*spare_servers
directives though to some reasonable values like start_servers = 20

>     min_spare_servers = 3
>     max_spare_servers = 10
>     max_requests_per_server = 0
> }
>
> # MODULE
> ldap {
>                 server = "10.1.1.1"
>                 identity = "cn=Sysadmin,ou=Applications,dc=xxx,dc=xx"
>                 password = xxxxxxx
>                 basedn = "ou=People,dc=xxxx,dc=xxx"
>                 filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
>                 start_tls = no
>                 access_attr = "dialupAccess"
>                 dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
>                 ldap_connections_number = 2048        => is it too high ?????

That's *really* too high. I don't think you will ever need to increase it to
more than 128-256 connections.

>                 timeout = 10
>                 timelimit = 10
>                 net_timeout = 5
>   }

Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Work Phone:             +30 210 7721861