"Alan Munday" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) I currently have:
>
>       passwd etc_smbpasswd {
..
> In the modules section of radiusd.conf. Now you have mentioned it I can see
> that it is not loading. But I'm not sure why not.

  Because you didn't tell the server where to use it.  List it in the
'authorize' section somewhere, and it should work.

> As you may guess this is my first go at putting up a radius server and I
> expected that:
>
> A) I need EAP to provide better security than WEP.

  Try EAP-TTLS.  It's only in the latest CVS snapshots, but it's much
better than LEAP, from a security point of view.

> B) User account data already on the server (system and Samba accounts are
> aligned) would be used to auth against. I.e. I did not expect to enter user
> data again.

  You don't have to.  You've just got to configure the server to use
the existing files.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html