Michael Griego <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This really sounds like a fundamental design problem ("problem" used
> lightly in this case) in EAP-TTLS.  The only UserID that the NAS (Access
> Point) knows about is the one sent to the initial EAP-Identity request.

  Absolutely.

> The only way I can see to get around this problem easily is to, after
> the fact, correlate the authentication logs with another attribute in
> the accounting requests.  CallingStationID is the best one that comes to
> mind right off the bat, since this should be unique to the session.

  That's probably the best one to use.

> It would be nice if there were a way to feed the true username to the AP
> after the full EAP-TTLS conversation has completed, like an attribute in
> the final Access-Accept response from the RADIUS server.  To my
> knowledge, however, there are no mechanisms for this in the standards,
> and this would require firmware upgrades on the access points.

  The EAP standard allows for this.  RFC 2869, top of page 11.  The
Access-Accept from the server can include a User-Name attribute, which
the NAS should use in all subsequent accounting requests.

  I'm not sure if this would work for TTLS, bu it would be useful to
try.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html