On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:47:33AM -0600, Kenneth Mix wrote:
> Currently, when I try to authenticate a user using the PAM RADIUS module, it hangs
> my freeradius server at:
> pam_pass: using pamauth string <radiusd> for pam.conf lookup
>
> After this it will not authenticate any other users, no matter what type of
> authentication they are using.
>
> Also, the PAM module never even attempts to contact my AD server.

Well I don't know about any of those problems, but PAM + freeradius is
a bad mix.  PAM is broken in that every PAM call leaks memory, so
you have to restart your server once in a while.

PAM should only be used if you HAVE TO.  It doesn't sound like that's
the case for you, instead you should just figure out how to configure
freeradius to do what you need.  It certainly can handle proxying
(via arbitrary criteria) and adding some av pairs.

/fc

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html