From: "Graeme Hinchliffe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: threads hanging around

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:15:19 -0400
> "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Graeme Hinchliffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I have now tried the unmodified code and exactly the same behaviour
> > > occurs.  The number of threads steadily increases, default started
> > > with 11 and over the space of 30 minutes it is up to 19
> >
> >   There's not much I can say.  If no one else can reproduce the
> > problem, then it's extremely difficult to track down.
> >
> >   You can try running:
> >
> > ./radiusd -xxx
> >
> >   which will print out full debugging information, AND use threads.
> > Re-direct it to a *large* disk, and root through the logs, looking for
> > 'unresponsive child'.  Look backwards from that point, for the
> > original request, and how it was processed.
>
> OK, done that and have found:
>
> Wed Sep 24 16:23:58 2003 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id 6151)
for request 426

> after that there are a lot of:
>
> Wed Sep 24 16:23:58 2003 : Debug: Server rejecting request 426
>
> smattered through the rest of the output
>
> until:
>
> Wed Sep 24 16:27:18 2003 : Error: Dropping conflicting packet from client
gauss:1812 - ID: 150 due to unfinished request 426

> after which the "Server rejecting request 426" message crops up again
>
> I have tried reading back through the logs but cannot figure out what
request 426 is, nor which log lines relate to it.  There are a few
references to Thread 6 which it is assigned to, but nothing in the log that
lets me know what the request was or what happened to it... There appear to
be dumps of requests in the log but I cannot see any relation to this info
and a request number.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html