I read through the FAQ, and the man pages.  I have been using freeradius
for about two years, and it is a great product.  That said, the syslog
feature documented in the man page for radiusd doesn't work.  The man page
states that placing "-l syslog -f localX" where you are asked for
"log_dir" will give you the ability to log to syslog directly.  This
doesn't work.  The log_dir requires an actual directory to log to.  I have
seen many people ask the question of how do I log to syslog, and the
answer they receive is you can't, or check the FAQ.  If freeradius doesn't
support syslog, why is it documented in the man pages that it does.  If it
is possible to send logs directly to syslog, can someone please let me
know how?

Thanks!!
John

-