Dear ML,

we have to setup a Radius-Proxy which will proxy auth/acct packets to
an individual
Radius-Server by NAS-IP-Address. The Proxy works quiet probally, we
are using the
hints file in combination with DEFAULT entries to setup the
Proxy-to-Realm attribute.

Now our Problem:
In the past we had configured the Vendor-Id in the clients.conf file
per Client-IP,
but this will no more work for us, because all Radius-Servers have
now only one
Client entry, the Proxy itself.

How is it possible to define the Vendor-Id by NAS-IP-Address instead
for the whole
client??? Is it possible to add Vendor-Id in the hints file by adding
some DEFAULT
entries??? Or should the Proxy add a Attribute, which contains the
Vendor-Id, to
each request before proxying it to the Radius-Server???

I have added a quick and dirty layout of our actual configuration:

------          ------          ------
|NAS1|          |NAS2|          |NAS3| (3 different NASes,
Vendor-Ids)
------          ------          ------
   \               |              /
    \              |             /
     \             |            /
      \------------|-----------/
               ---------
               | Proxy | (unique machine, the one and only Client of
Radius-Servers)
               ---------
               |   |   |
              /    |    \
        |Rad 1| |Rad 2| |Rad 3| (different machines)

Thanks for reading!! Best regards,
Marc Prenger (thankfull to each reply of this thread)

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html