"ac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     I've tried many ways to configure the file "users" to support
>     both Auth-Type EAP-MD5 and Auth-Type Local for a user.

  You don't have to do anything to the server.  Just configure the
password for the user, and it will figure it out.

> DEFAULT Message-Authenticator =* "", Auth-Type := EAP

  No.  NEVER set 'Auth-Type := EAP'  It's ALWAYS unnecessary.

  I'm going to add large, loud complaints in debugging mode about
this.

>     Is there any other way to get the same result on version 0.8.x ?

  Use version 0.9.1.  All older versions are no longer officially
supported.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html