From: Alan DeKok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TLS and TTLS

Michael Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree with you in principle, that is how things should be; but we all
know
> that how things SHOULD WORK is not often how they really do.

  The RFC's explain how to make the AP work with *all* EAP types.  If
your AP doesn't do that, I suggest talking to hem, and telling them
it's broken.

  e.g. the Intel AP discussed recently on this list, which expected
certain attributes to be in a particular order, for no reason
whatsoever.

  Yet, when customers complain about such stupidities, the vendor
almost always responds with a polite version of "f*ck off".  To me,
this is yet another reason for using open source software: You can FIX
IT when something goes wrong.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
addressee and contains information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  It
may be used only by the addressee and may not be divulged without the
express consent of the sender.  If you have received this communication in
error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify
us immediately.  Thank you.