below.

Good luck....

Ross Reed
rcreed at tecinfo.net

-----Original Message-----
From: DPaul Sparks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 12:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: DSL, Cisco, static ip

Thanks for your help Ross,

I will give that a whirl later today...
A couple of questions, though -

>testuser        Auth-Type =3D System,NAS-Port-Type =3D Virtual
>                User-Service-Type =3D Framed-User,
>                Framed-Protocol =3D PPP,
>                Framed-Address =3D 192.168.1.2,
>                Framed-Netmask =3D 255.255.255.255,
>                Framed-Route =3D "192.168.1.2/32 0.0.0.0 2",
>                Framed-Routing =3D None,
>                Framed-MTU =3D 1492

It appears that you're suggesting the "huntgroups" entries and
references to be overkill. No need to explain if that is your
opinion...I would just like to be certain that you've found no need for
going that route while maintaining a functional setup. Secondly, where
did you find reference to associate the NAS-Port-Type with 'Virtual'?
And lastly, related to what's below:

>aaa new-model
>aaa group server radius OPS
> server ****** auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
>aaa group server radius DIALUP
> server ****** auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
> server ****** auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
>aaa authentication login default local group OPS
>aaa authentication ppp default group DIALUP local
>aaa authorization exec default local group OPS
>aaa authorization network default group DIALUP local
>aaa accounting delay-start
>aaa accounting exec default start-stop group OPS
>aaa accounting network default start-stop group DIALUP
>aaa accounting connection default start-stop group DIALUP
>aaa nas port extended

Apparently, your references to DIALUP and OPS have to do with..?..two
different products?  Does DIALUP refer to exactly what it says ? 56K
dial-in users?  And, what about OPS?  Or, are these Cisco variables that
I've just not stumbled across yet?

Anyway...I truly appreciate what time you've taken to assist me.

Thanks Again,

D. Paul Sparks
Operations
rodinetechnology.com