I've run into an interesting dilemma. We've been using Simultaneous-Use
checking on our users, and it's worked great. Unfortunately, we're now
also offering dialup in other cities through MegaPOP, and since those
aren't our servers, obviously we can't snmp or finger-check to see if
users are really logged on. We've got several users who are having line or
modem problems so they lose their connection un-gracefully and end up with
a session "stuck" in the radacct table. We have to then clear out the
session manually so they can log on.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of huntgroups, attrs, and users
configurations, but I can't seem to come up with a simple configuration
that says something like "If the user is dialing into these NASes (meaning
our own personal ones), check for simultaneous use, otherwise, don't."

I'm sure I'm probably making this way too complicated, but I've been over
and over the docs on proxy, simultaneous use, huntgroups, users etc, and
I'm not getting anywhere. The closest I came was disabling simultaneous
use for non-proxied users while leaving it enabled for proxied users,
which is the exact opposite. :-) I tried flipping some things around, but
no go.

Anyone have any ideas on this, or can maybe tell me which doc(s) to go
back to again? Does it sound like this is even possible?

Thanks! :-)

Kristina

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html