On 22 Oct 2003 at 11:09, Alan DeKok wrote:
> > How can ask LDAP to look at UserPassword attribute when PAP is used,
> > and look at chapPassword attribute when MS_CHAP is used?
>
>   Why?  UserPassword will work fine with both authentication methods.

I read the document which says that for MS_CHAP, I have to store
plain text password in LDAP. Currently, the userPassword is crypted
and is used by PAP and other applications.

So I have to create a plain text password attribute in LDAP,
particularly dedicated for MS_CHAP.

My problem is that both MS_CHAP and PAP authentications will look up
the plain text password. But I want PAP to look up the crypted
userPassword.

Any help?

Lai

-