Hello to everyone.
This is my first post to the list. I want to have a user that is
allowed to have ISDN or PSTN access and another that should have PSTN
access only. I am using the attribute NAS-Port-Type in the check list
to accomplish this. In the first user I want the NAS-Port-Type to have
values Async or ISDN and in the second I want to have Async only. I am
also using the sql module so my users' authorization data are stored
in an Oracle database. Freeradius version 0.9.2 (latest for now).
My radcheck table looks like

+--+--------------+------------------+-----+-----------
 id  username      attribute           op   value
+--+--------------+------------------+-----+-----------
 1   kzorba        User-Password       ==     xxxx
 2   kzorba        NAS-Port-Type       ==    Async
 3   kzorba        NAS-Port-Type       ==    ISDN
 4   mitg          User-Password       ==     yyyy
 5   mitg          NAS-Port-Type       ==    Async
+--+--------------+------------------+-----+-----------

I am using the NTradping test utility (as descibed in the O'Reilly
book) but the results are the same when I use a Cisco 3640
router. When I
am sending one of the 2 allowed values in an
Access-Request for kzorba I always get reject. I tried to put as a
value for NAS-Port-Type "Async-ISDN" in one record instead of 2 and I
always got accept no matter what I sent (even a value besides ISDN or
Async). I only managed to get accept when I have one record with a
specific value (in this case everything works as expected). So the
question is:
How can I express the fact that I want to accept the user when the
attribute has value a OR b? By generalizing can I have boolean
expressions in check items?
Thank you in advance

Kostas

  Kostas Zorbadelos
  Currently at: Otenet IT Department
  mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Out there in the darkness, out there in the night
  out there in the starlight, one soul burns brighter
  than a thousand suns.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html