As far as I understand it, the boilerplate copyright notice and license
at the end of all RFCs since somewhere in the 2200's is not DFSG-free.

Quick simply, it fails rule #3, (http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines)

        The license must allow modifications and derived works, and
        must allow them to be distributed under the same terms as the
        license of the original software.

with the following part of the boilerplate:

        However, this
      document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
      the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
      Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of
      developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
      copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
      followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
      English.

Or at least, that's how I read it. It was discussed on the Debian developers
mailing list a while ago, and the result was that this boilerpate is not
DFSG-free, but the copyright on previous RFCs (which is in a different file,
I really should include that in the Debian copyright file) _is_ DFSG-free.

If you like, I can dig up the discussion in the archives, or you can look
yourself at lists.debian.org under debian-devel... Honestly can't say when it
was though, sometime this year. Prolly mid-year, but I'm not sure.

> thanks for your time
> artur

No worries. :-)

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)

On a sidewalk near Portland State
University someone wrote `Trust Jesus', and
someone else wrote `But Cut the Cards'.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html