On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Kostas Kalevras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For the core dump now:
> > (gdb) print s->s2
> > $2 = (struct ssl2_state_st *) 0x8117400
> > (gdb) print s->s3
> > $3 = (struct ssl3_state_st *) 0x0
> >
> > In other words the s->s3 structure is NULL.
>
>   See RFC 2716, top of page 3.  TLS version 1 is required.  See
> ssl/ssl.h, SSLv3 is pretty much TLS version 1.
>
>   So the TLS session SHOULD have been rejected, as soon as the client
> tried to use SSLv2.  This may be a failure in the EAP-TLS code.
>
>   Hmm...  See: src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_tls/rlm_eap_tls.c,
> line 185:
>
>        /*
>         *     Set ctx_options
>         */
>        ctx_options |= SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2;
>        ctx_options |= SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3;
>

>   So SSLv2 and SSLv3 should NOT be used.  Ever.

OK now i am getting really puzzled. I did this little change:

eap_tls.c, line 680

        DEBUG2("  rlm_eap_tls: processing TLS");
        if (tls_session->ssl)
                DEBUG("rlm_eap_tls: Version:
%s",SSL_get_version(tls_session->ssl));

and i get:

Mon Nov 10 18:33:14 2003 : Debug:   rlm_eap_tls: processing TLS
Mon Nov 10 18:33:14 2003 : Debug: rlm_eap_tls: Version: TLSv1

Man page for SSL_get_version:
"returns the name of the protocol used for the connection ssl."

Unfortunately i don't have a sniffer capable of returning the TLS session
details from within the EAP message conversation.

So.... /me puzzled

> > In any case that one is causing the core dumps. If there are no
> > objections i can add a few checks in eaptls_gen_mppe_keys() and
> > eapttls_gen_challenge() for s->s3 being NULL
>
>   I'd say add a few checks to the TLS module, eaptls_process(), so
> that at it returns FAILED if s->s3 == NULL.  That will prevent the
> core dump, but it will also prevent your client from working.

It's rather strange since i am also using the AEGIS client. How can i be so
damn lucky and hit on all errors? :-)

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece