On Nov 17, 2003, at 1:40 PM, Julien Gabry wrote:

Hello

Thanks again for your time ...

Ok I have tryed many things last weeks but effectively mysql can t be
installed with shared libraries on a Jaguar.

But anyway , today, I have received our brand new Panther CD.

So i m working with it, but I still having some trouble in the installation
as static or shared.

So what should be the correct configure command to compile it correctly
(with dynamic libs without a glitch!)

It should be nice to give me some clues about...

Since Panther I simply need to do

% ./configure
% make
% sudo make install

(well, you might have to specify the path to the mysql libs and headers depending
on your installation).

Since snapshots aren't always guaranteed to work on every platform
you either have to be patient or make your own modifications to make it work
(monitoring the postings here also helps a lot of times).
I did the latter for a recent snapshot and it works for me now (yes, incl. MySQL).
see
http://homepage.mac.com/andreaswolf/public/freeradius_installer.html

for the diffs. The modifications are minor.

-A

Thanks you in advance

Julien