OK I almost got it working

When I finish teasing it into shape, I'll post a patch if anyone want's one.

If nobody wants the patch where should I submit the fix.

Guy Fraser wrote:

Hi

I have started to look at the dialup_admin for use with postgresql.
I am using PostgreSQL 7.3.4, and FreeRadius 0.9.2.

The porblem I just discovered is that the PHP is looking for case
sensitive column names when processing returned data.

Example :

while(($row = @da_sql_fetch_array($res,$config)))
    $member_groups[] = $row[GroupName];

But the columns are not quoted in requests or inserts.

Example :

$res = @da_sql_query($link,$config,
    "INSERT INTO $config[sql_usergroup_table] (GroupName,UserName)
        VALUES ('$login','$new_member');");

PostgreSQL requires double quotes to be around column names in order
to maintain case sensitivity.

As far as I know this can only be fixed by either ;

a) lower casing all the column names in array requests.

Example :

while(($row = @da_sql_fetch_array($res,$config)))
    $member_groups[] = $row[groupname];

b) Putting double quotes around all column names when creating
the tables and performing operations on the tables.

Example :

$res = @da_sql_query($link,$config,
    "INSERT INTO $config[sql_usergroup_table]
    (\"GroupName\",\"UserName\")
        VALUES ('$login','$new_member');");

Has anybody made dialup_admin work with PostgreSQL ?

If you have an easier or better way of fixing this
problem, I would like to know.

Thank you, for your time.

-- Guy Fraser Network Administrator The Internet Centre 780-450-6787 , 1-888-450-6787

There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you
will certainly discover things the meek and timid will miss out on.