-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alan DeKok
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Multiple realm authentication with FreeRADIUS back to
Active Directory?

"Heiden, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So kind of imagine a tree of sorts.  The leaves/branches are
> the Cisco ASXXXX servers, they go back and authenticate to a
> Linux server with Free Radius.  The Linux/FreeRADIUS server
> then ultimately authenticates the users back to an AD server.
> But the different pools need different policies, etc. for
> connect time, and so forth.

  That's nice.  How do you tell which pool a user is in?

> Does this make it clearer?  I apologize if I was too confusing
> before.  Or is there a way to get away from multiple realms
> given my situation?  Oh, and I need to have separate accounting
> logs for each pool also.  Meaning, I can't have everything
> accounted into the same file.  Each pool would need to have
> separate accounting logs.

  FreeRADIUS can do that, once you figure out how to separate the
users into pools.

> Would it make sense to authenticate to the AD via RADIUS as
> well?  Or just use LDAP?

  Active Directory doesn't do RADIUS.

> I'm curious, why won't chap work?  I really don't care if
> MS-CHAP breaks, we have never supported it here in the past.
> But it strikes me as odd that it would break CHAP.

  Blame Active Directory.  It won't let FreeRADIUS have access to the
plain-text passwords.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html