Hi!

[ using mutliple ! in Subject does no good ]

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 09:57:17PM -0800, puneeth b wrote:
>             i cannot use the ODBC driver to connect freeradius to db2. i should
> build a separate  driver so tht it talks to eachother.

Correct.

> since db2 has a set of their own rules, will have to follow those set of rules.
> hence i want to know the connection between the freeradius -----> NAS-------->db2
> server.
> also of the role of the NAS with freeradius as well as db2.

The NAS asks the radiusd and the radiusd looks into its data sources
(perhaps also a db2 database) to validate the information.

  NAS -> radius -> db

> also the information of how the other databases works with freeradius which uses a
> separate driver for communication process with freeradius.
> give me any address so that i can send a query & check how it works
>       (i.e the  interface  for freeradius).

radclient and radtest can be used to test the server.

> about how the  tables are maintained  / stored / the kind of attributes? i didnt get
> the idea.

As you like it. The queries can be customized to your needs.

> also can i access db2, oracle,postgresql through any platform?

Through any supported platform, yes.

> also kindly help me with the testing part of the documentation.

Look into the doc directory of the freeradius distribution and into
the sample configs. They should help.

Ask google to search in the mail archive of this list for db2 and you
should find a mail or two.

Oliver.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html