On Dec 6, 2003, at 10:13 PM, Paul Holness wrote:

I believe that the answer to your questions are yes, but check out the
following URL ...

http://www.freeradius.org/

14 October, 2003 Support for PEAP version 0 has been added to the CVS head.
This functionality is experimental, and may not work with all clients.
Please post feedback to th freeradius-users list. As this functionality is
experimental, it is not in the 0.9.x releases. It currently only supports
Microsoft's MS-CHAPv2 version of tunneled EAP authentication, so Cisco
clients will most likely not work.

20 November, 2003 Version 0.9.3 has been released. This version corrects a
flaw in 0.9.2 (and all earlier versions of the server) which may allow an
attacker to DoS the server.

but there is says quite clearly that PEAP support is in the CVS head and not
in a released version. It also says that 0.9.3 merely fixes a potential for an DoS attack.
So the answer is No, 0.9.3 does not support PEAP, but the CVS snapshots do.
PEAP works quite well in the CVS snapshots, in my experience (Panther client, Cisco or Apple Access Points).
once you get past any potential problems during compilation.

It's unfortunate that the next paragraph, taken by itself is misleading. User's are expected to read
the whole page.

-A

FreeRADIUS includes more than 40 vendor-specific dictionary files. It ships
with support for LDAP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle databases. It supports EAP,
with EAP-MD5, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP, and Cisco LEAP sub-types. It is
rapidly approaching a stable 1.0 release, with increment improvements being
added and tested daily. In short, it is a powerful, fast, and complex RADIUS
server which is compatible with the latest network protocols and practices,
and is well suited for deployment in large networks.

Good luck,

Paul