I found now WHY a change in attr_rewrite when used in pre-Proxy does not
work. It operates on request->packet rather than request->proxy.

Now the question is which ought to be fixed; the call to pre-proxy in
procy.c or the pre-proxy chain that uses standard calls to operate on
the request?

I am now testing the former. I would appreciate feedback if that is correct.

BTW: I would also appreciate input on where to look for the problem not
getting any rewriting out of mod_perl.

Paul

--
Paul Sijben                                  tel: +31205210321
VP Architecture and Business Development  direct: +31205210333