"Rick Whitley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please forgive my ignorance here. There is much about this I do not
> understand. I am using the Alfa&Ariss client.

  Please pick a subject, ONE subject, and stick to it.  Also, if
you're not going to answer my questions, there isn't much incentive
for me to help you, is there?

>  If it is sending eap packetts and those packetts do not contain a
> pap password does that mean I can't use pap? Should I consider
> another method?

  It means that what I told you was correct.  Now go do as I said, and
stop asking irrelevant questions.  Instead, *educate* yourself as to
what's going on.  Buy the RADIUS book.  Read all of the documentation,
and all of the comments in 'radiusd.conf' before asking more
questions.

  Also, describe *problems*, not *solutions*.  You're stuck on PAP
because you don't know how the server works.  Stop trying to figure
out how to use PAP to solve a problem you don't understand.

  If you configure the LDAP module to pull a password out of an LDAP
database for a user, then almost all of the authentication methods in
the server will work AUTOMATICALLY.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html