Holger Schurig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought TLS is where both the server and the clients have certificates.
> And TTLS is where only the client has a certificate (of the server).

  Yes.  If you're unsure, read the RFC's.  They're included with the
server.

> Therefore, TTLS and PEAP need only a subset of TLS, right?

  No.  They need the entire TLS protocol.

> Now, when I enable TTLS (and TLS because I need it) in radiusd.conf, then
> some client can try to authenticate/authorize with TLS. It's on, isn't it?

  Yes.  You can turn it off.  See the EAP-Type attribute.

> And the client doesn't get back something like "protocol not supported",
> but "negative authentification".

  You don't understand how RADIUS works.  And it's "authentication".,
not "authentification".

  RADIUS returns Access-Reject, not "protocol unsupported".  And the
wireless client doesn't even see that.

> So I would have thought that this is possible and makes sense:
>
>  # tls {
>  #   ...
>  #}
>
>  ttls {
>    certificate_file = ${prefix}/ca/cert-srv.pem
>  }

  What what about the rest of the configuration options in the TLS
module?  Are you going to just throw those away?  They exist for a
reason, you know...

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html