It is not normal when using PAP authentication.
It is normal when dialing in with a script that does not use PAP.

Is the first Service-Type = NAS-Prompt and the second Service-Type = Framed-User?

If it is then the user is connecting using a script, and not using PAP, in this case you should notice the two sessions are nested.

Start of shell access
Start of Framed/PPP access
Stop for Framed/PPP access
Stop for shell access

I hope this helps.

Antoine Cavalié wrote:

Hi everybody

I am trying to set up freeradius 0.9.3 on my redhat box

Autorization works fine, but not accounting :

For each user session, the NAS sends me - two "Start" packets
- two "Stop" packets

Result is that I get three identical rows in the mysql database

Any help will be hugely appreciated

Thank you

Antoine Cavalié