"David W. Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have seen the problems all over the radius archives with setting
> driver=rlm_sql_mysql in sql.conf. Conversely, setting
> driver=rlm_sql_postrgresql or oracle works perfectly. So why does
> radius compile with everything under the sun but not mysql?

  The question is backwards.  FreeRADIUS works other SQL back-ends
without a problem, so when there are problems with MySQL, it's not the
fault of FreeRADIUS.

  And it compiles fine with MySQL, so that isn't the problem, either.
The problem is run-time linking.  For some reason, either MySQL, or
the people installing it, put it into wierd places where the dynamic
linker can't find it.  Then, when FreeRADIUS asks the dynamic linker
to load MySQL, and the linker says "no", people blame FreeRADIUS.

  It's annoying as hell.

> And, not a hint in all the doco as to what to do.

  Are you trying to be rude?  If you've read anything, you should see
documentation describing how to solve it.

> The only hint is that mysql is the default and so lib archive like:
> rlm_sql.a should work but they do not because the ld is looking for
> rlm_sql_mysql which of course is not present. How does one get the
> right radius libraries for mysql or must I use a DB I do not want to
> use?

  If you had actually spent time reading the list archives like you
claim, you would see multiple posts describing exactly how to solve
the problem.  See the FAQ, and "radiusd.conf", for pete's sake.

  Stop being annoying, and go read the documentation.  If you're
familiar with the dynamic linker Unix systems, you should have no
problems getting it to work.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html