[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 01/08/2004 05:03:59
PM:

> Hello List:
>
> O/S: RH9
> freeRADIUS: 0.9.3
>
> I have a fresh install of RH9 on a server & then installation of
freeRADIUS
> (FR) software. Installation and settings went smoothly. RADIUS server is
up
> and running & I can test it by running:
>
> %radtest <myUID> <myPW> 12.21.237.15 0 testing123
>
> To authenticate a user other than from RADIUS server, I setup NTRadPing
Test
> Utility on a Window NT machine. However when I run this utility, I get
an
> error message "could not receive a response from server".
>
> It seems like that when I run NTRadPing, I am not reaching the RADIUS
server
> at 12.21.237.15. However I can PING the IP address of 12.21.237.15 from
> Window NT machine.
>
> I am running RADIUS server in test mode (radiusd -X) and I see nothing
> displayed on the terminal window. After couple of days of trying, I
> appreciate if somebody can tell me what am I doing wrong and how to
correct
> it.

I've never used NTRadping, but are you sure that it's trying to
communicate over the correct port #?  Radius used to use 1645 & 1646
(IIRC), but in a later version of the RFC switched it to 1812 & 1813.  I
know that Microsloth's radius server punts on the issue and listens on
both ports, while FR (by default, again, IIRC) will only listen on
1812/13.  It's at least possible that NTRadping might be trying to
communicate over 1645 by default.

Failing that, I'd sniff the traffic between the two and see what's going
where.

Vincent Giovannone
Network Infrastructure Group
Information Services Division