At 08:14 AM 1/14/2004, Alex Moen wrote:
> [...]

Thank you, Chris, for the advise. That worked. Is that documented anywhere, other than maybe the O'Reilly Radius book (that I don't have)? I could not find it anywhere in the man pages, docs, faq, etc.

I'm adding an example of using a 'Crypt-Local' and 'Crypted-Password' entry to the CVS users file. We've got examples for 'Local' and 'User-Password' so it makes sense to have the Crypted ones as well.

The confusion on this whole thing stemmed from the fact that I am trying to
integrate a freeradius server into an existing Cistron environment, and the
way we have configured the users file is to put an encrypted password string
into the Password attribute...

Yep, while FR descended from Cistron, it's not quite the same in terms of how it handles and parses things.

Glad it's working for you now. :)

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net