At 01:33 PM 1/23/2004, Lisa Casey wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Free Radius and need to set up monthly time limits of 200
hours/month/user. I have read rlm_counter in radiusd.conf, and even though
I'm not sure how well I understand this, I've proceeded to try to set it up.
Here's what I've done. In radiusd.conf:

counter monthly {
    filename = ${raddbdir}/db.monthly
    key = User-Name
    count-attribute = Acct-Session-Time
    reset = monthly
    counter-name = Monthly-Session-Time
    check-name = Max-Monthly-Session
    allowed-servicetype = Framed-User
    cache-size = 5000
  }

In Instantiation I have:

instantiate {
    expr

  monthly
}

In authorize I have:

authorize {

preprocess
eap
suffix
files
mschap
monthly
}

In accounting I have:

accounting {
acct_unique
detail
monthly
unix    # wtmp file
radutmp
}

In my users file I have each user listed as a separate entry. Example:

lisa   Auth-Type == Local, Password == c57bl6j
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-Compression = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500

So at the top of the users file I added this:

DEFAULT Monthly-Session-Time > 720000, Auth-Type := Reject
        Reply-Message = "You've used up your allocated monthly time.",
        Fall-Through = No

That all looks good so far. Nothing jumps out as being wrong at least.

Now when I restart Free Radius I get this error message:

Fri Jan 23 14:10:33 2004 : Error: radiusd.conf[1160] Failed to link to
module 'rlm_counter': file not found

What have I done, or not done, or failed to understand??

The rlm_counter module doesn't look to be loadable. Can you check to confirm that it is compiled?

You can check this by changing to the directory:

$ cd ~/radiusd/src/modules/rlm_counter

Make sure you have the the various .lo .o and other files that are
created when it successfully compiles.  If it is there, run:

$ make install

If it is not, you'll need to likely rerun the module 'configure' script
and watch for any errors or things it says it can't find.  It may be that
your system is missing something that rlm_counter needs.  In that case,
you'll need to add that to the system first, then re-run configure and
build the module.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net