At 10:19 AM 2/9/2004, Guy Fraser wrote:
kiko kix wrote:

Hi!

I'm studying the components of the CDMA2000 1xEVDO architecture. One of the components in the Packet Data system is the AAA server.

I'm making a comparison between the Cisco Access Registrar, Steel Belted Radius and FreeRadius.

Does freeradius support Mobile IP or EVDO ? Thanks.

Francis

What are they?

L2 Transport methods. They have nothing themselves to do with RADIUS. The access hardware that provides the services may well be configured to speak RADIUS. If the RADIUS implementations on the access hardware uses standard RADIUS methods then there's no reason why FreeRADIUS can't support them.

The original poster is trying to compare/reveiw products which are completely
unrelated.  It's like asking about who manufactures the best LCD flat panel
displays, ConAgra or General Mills?  :)

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net