Hi All,

I'm trying to authorize a user by using the rlm_perl module only. I.e., I
only want the perl script to control the authorization.

In radiusd.conf I have set:
    proxy_requests = no
and in the authorize part the "files" statement is commented (otherwise
freeradius will look at the file 'users' for authentication). In the
authorize method of my perl script it simply returns RLM_MODULE_OK (to
test).

When I then send a radius request the authorize failed because of "No
authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
Rejecting the user". See below for a complete debug output. Can anyone
explain why I get this error, and how to fix it?

thanks,
loz

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1091, id=20, length=124
        User-Name = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
        User-Password = "testpwd"
        NAS-Identifier = "starbuster.xxx.net"
        NAS-Port-Id = "444"
        Acct-Session-Id = "1234567"
        Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-On
        WISPr-Location-Name = "testlocation"
modcall: entering group authorize
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop
rlm_eap: EAP-Message not found
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop
    rlm_realm: Looking up realm "my_realm" for User-Name =
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
    rlm_realm: No such realm "my_realm"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop
perl_pool: item 0x8117540 asigned new request. Handled so far: 1
found interpetator at address 0x8117540
rlm_perl: Added pair h323-credit-amount = 100
rlm_perl: Added pair Acct-Session-Id = 1234567
rlm_perl: Added pair Client-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
rlm_perl: Added pair User-Name = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
rlm_perl: Added pair User-Password = testpwd
rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-Identifier = starbuster.xxx.net
rlm_perl: Added pair Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-On
rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-Port-Id = 444
rlm_perl: Added pair WISPr-Location-Name = testlocation
perl_pool total/active/spare [5/0/5]
Unreserve perl at address 0x8117540
  modcall[authorize]: module "perl" returns ok
modcall: group authorize returns ok
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0