I've got the radius server up on a unix box and got it to authenticate
users off of a active directory and that part is working fine.

The problem now is that I'd like to have our linux pptp server (running
poptop) authenticate users via radius.

I've been able to get the pptp server make requests to the radius server
but the radius server fails and here are some logs.

I've seen a lot of posts on this group who claims that they have a setup
like this working but I've not seen a working config. File example.

Anyways, anyone have any idea?

# /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.34.31:1028, id=43,
length=134
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        User-Name = "testuser"
        MS-CHAP-Challenge = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        MS-CHAP2-Response =
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        NAS-Port = 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "testuser", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 2
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 6
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 12
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
  rlm_mschap: Found MS-CHAP attributes.  Setting 'Auth-Type := LDAP'
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns ok for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
auth: type "LDAP"
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 0
rlm_ldap: - authenticate
rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.
  modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap" returns invalid for request 0

# cat /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
prefix = /usr/local
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc
localstatedir = ${prefix}/var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct
confdir = ${raddbdir}
run_dir = ${localstatedir}/run/radiusd
log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log
libdir = ${exec_prefix}/lib
pidfile = ${run_dir}/radiusd.pid
max_request_time = 30
delete_blocked_requests = no
cleanup_delay = 5
max_requests = 1024
bind_address = *
port = 0
hostname_lookups = no
allow_core_dumps = no
regular_expressions     = yes
extended_expressions    = yes
log_stripped_names = no
log_auth = no
log_auth_badpass = no
log_auth_goodpass = no
usercollide = no
lower_user = no
lower_pass = no
nospace_user = no
nospace_pass = no
checkrad = ${sbindir}/checkrad
security {
        max_attributes = 200
        reject_delay = 1
        status_server = no
}
proxy_requests  = yes
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/proxy.conf
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/clients.conf
snmp    = no
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/snmp.conf
thread pool {
        start_servers = 5
        max_servers = 32
        min_spare_servers = 3
        max_spare_servers = 10
        max_requests_per_server = 0
}
modules {
        pap {
                encryption_scheme = crypt
        }
        chap {
                authtype = CHAP
        }
        pam {
                pam_auth = radiusd
        }
        unix {
                cache = no
                cache_reload = 600
                radwtmp = ${logdir}/radwtmp
        }
        eap {
                default_eap_type = md5
                timer_expire     = 60
                md5 {
                }
                leap {
        mschap {
                authtype = ldap
        }
        ldap {
                server = "ldap"
                basedn = "OU=xxxx,DC=xxx,DC=xxxxxx,DC=xxx"
                filter =
"(mailNickname=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
                start_tls = no
                access_attr = "dialupAccess"
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                ldap_connections_number = 5
                 password_header = "{clear}"
                 password_attribute = userPassword
                timeout = 4
                timelimit = 3
                net_timeout = 1
        }
        realm realmslash {
                format = prefix
                delimiter = "/"
        }
        realm suffix {
                format = suffix
                delimiter = "@"
        }
        realm realmpercent {
                format = suffix
                delimiter = "%"
        }

        preprocess {
                huntgroups = ${confdir}/huntgroups
                hints = ${confdir}/hints
                with_ascend_hack = no
                ascend_channels_per_line = 23
                with_ntdomain_hack = no
                with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
                with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
        }
        files {
                usersfile = ${confdir}/users
                acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                compat = no
        }
        detail {
                detailfile =
${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d
                detailperm = 0600
        }
        acct_unique {
                key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address,
Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port-Id"
        }
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf
        radutmp {