Its specifically access-rejects to accounts that have timed out i.e. via rlm_sqlcounter.
The mechanism works fine but I have noticed an anomaly and I'm not sure if its a freeradius (perhaps only 0.8.1) issue or if my radius client is misbehaving.

When I send a request to authenticate a user account that has effectively exceeded its time (via sql counter) the initial authentication request seems to time out. However via the log file on the server I notice the request coming through BUT the reply isn't received on the client.

My client then times out and tries again. The server then seems to respond but with the previous requests identifier. so I get another failure because the ids don't match. so we try again. This time it works fine i.e. server responds and ids match. And I get a correct replay message that the user account has expired which is what I want.

Now if the authentication succeeds i.e. an valid/active accout, I don't see this behaviour i.e. it works first time.

Have I missed this in the mailing list ?

Should I simply upgrade to a newer version ?

<DIV>
<P><A href="http://www.zurowski.btinternet.co.uk";>John Zurowski</A></P>