I have read several messages about this problem, by noone help.
I'm using freeradius 0.9.3 version, with mysql 3.23.x as backend.
FreeBSD 4.7 as OS.

Testing radius with radtest.
radiusd command line: radiusd -X
radtest command line: /usr/local/bin/radtest luis luis localhost 1
testing123

radiusd output:
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1045, id=178, length=56
User-Name = "luis"
User-Password = "luis"
NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
NAS-Port = 1
modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 1
rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "luis", looking up realm NULL
rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 1
radius_xlat:  'luis'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'luis'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = 'luis' ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op
 FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'luis' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = 'luis' ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op
 FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'luis' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the database for request from user
[luis]
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound for request 1
users: Matched DEFAULT at 3
modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 1
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 1
rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [luis/luis] (from client 3link port 1)
Delaying request 1 for 1 seconds
Finished request 1
Going to the next request

mysql results of sql querys executed by rlm_sql module (as appears in
output):

+-----+----------+---------------+-------+------+
| id  | UserName | Attribute     | Value | op   |
+-----+----------+---------------+-------+------+
| 121 | luis     | User-Password | luis  | ==   |
+-----+----------+---------------+-------+------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op
FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup
WHERE   usergroup.Username = 'luis' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName
ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id;
+----+-----------+------------------+-------+------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute        | Value | op   |
+----+-----------+------------------+-------+------+
|  1 | 3link     | Simultaneous-Use | 1     | ==   |
+----+-----------+------------------+-------+------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op
FROM radreply
WHERE Username = 'luis'
ORDER BY id;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

+----+-----------+--------------------+---------------------+------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute          | Value               | op   |
+----+-----------+--------------------+---------------------+------+
|  1 | 3link     | Auth-Type          | Local               | ==   |
|  3 | 3link     | Service-Type       | Framed-User         | ==   |
|  4 | 3link     | Framed-MTU         | 576                 | ==   |
|  5 | 3link     | Framed-Protocol    | PPP                 | ==   |
|  6 | 3link     | Framed-Compression | Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP | ==   |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Anyone can help ?
Thanks in advance...

Javier Storni