Hi,
I have tried to read everything I can find regarding radtest from freeradius.
It seems I have a unique appliation.

If you have a moment, I would appreciate a little help.

Application:
We are running Cisco Secure ACS 3.2 for our AAA server.  (It wasn't my choice)
Our AAA instance is back ended with an ODBC database.
The ODC database does not support PAP.

My intention is to use "radtest" fromfree radius to facilitate end to end
testing.

I am charged with building some monitor tools in place.  I was hoping to use
radtest but below are the errors.

==============The machine I am running radtest from==========
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./radtest username userpass serverip:1812 secret
Sending Access-Request of id 176 to serverip:1812
        User-Name = "username"
        User-Password = "userpass"
        NAS-IP-Address = testmachine
        NAS-Port = 1
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host serverip:1812, id=176, length=32
        Reply-Message = "Rejected\n\r"
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]#

The Cisco AAA server coughs up the error something like:
Authentication type not supported by external DB
(which is pap)

So I need to generate a authentication request which will initiate a CHAP
request.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ken.

- --
Ken Gage,  Qualcomm Inc.    858.651.2737
My Opinions are my own... and well.. Ayn's too...
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking;
to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and evict oneself
from the realm of reality."   -Ayn Rand

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html