RADIUS does not provide name services, such as UID/GID mapping.  It is
simply an authorization and authentication service.  For name services,
you'll need to either create the /etc/passwd entry on each machine or
use a directory service such as NIS/NIS+ or LDAP.

The same applies to PAM.  PAM only does authentication of users
(possibly from remote sources such as RADIUS, LDAP, or other services).
It is the job of the name switch services (NSS) subsystem on a unix
system to retrieve the account information once authentication has been
established.  Like PAM, NSS can tap into foreign sources to retrieve
this information from services that are capable of providing that
information (such as NIS and LDAP).

--Mike

--

--Mike