Hello,
I want to use MySql with freeRadius.
I want to use rlm_sql_mysql

I am developing on RedHat Linux 9.

As I understand , I must install the sources of MySql if I want to use rlm_sql in freeRadius
(and not install the rpm for mySql Server and client).

Now, I had done so. And I had used the ordinary chain;
./configure
make
make install

both for MySql and afterwards for freeRadius.

Now , I had prepared and configured sql tables to be used by freeRadius.
when I try to run ./freeRadius -X I get the
following error

rlm_sql: Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not found

I had seen the 4.14 section of the FAQ of freeradius and I do not know what I
did wrong.

I have 2 questiions:

1) Is it ok to use the usual chain
./configure
make
make install

when we want to use MySql with freeRadius ?

or should I had some attribute to the configure ?

(the thing is that I sea, in freeRadius tree,
src\modules\rlm_sql\drivers\rlm_sql_mysql, in config.log ,
an error that it does not find mysql.h ;
Any idea what can cause it?)

2) This error : rlm_sql: Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not found

should the make of freeRadius create a  file rlm_sql_mysql.so
or lm_sql_mysql.o or lm_sql_mysql.a
or something like it?

Any help will be appreciated.

regards,