Steve,

Don't do that. com_err is a standard lib shipped with Kerberos because some vendors don't supply one. If you've got MIT Kerberos installed, libcom_err.so should be living in /usr/local/lib. To insure everything works properly and that you don't have some conflicts between SEAM and MIT, make sure /usr/local/lib is first on your system library path (check with crle).

What version of Kerberos are you using ? I've got two Solaris 9 installs (versions 1.2.8 and 1.3.1) and I've built freeradius on both - no issues. Check your kerberos version by using the krb5-config script (also shipped with most recent versions of MIT Kerberos).

--Craig

Gary McKinney wrote:

Steve,

Did moving the the com_err from RLM_LIBS line to the HEADERS line correct the problem compiling??

( you know what they say: "Just because it compiled does not mean it compiled!")...

If that corrected the compile problem and it works for you I suspect the changes would
be of interest to
others wanting to use Kerboros as well...

Gary N. McKinney
----- Original Message ----- From: Steve OBrien To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: Compiling with rlm_krb Possible BUG?

I edited the makefile and moved -lcom_err from the RLM_LIBS line to the HEADERS line and make seemed to work. Not sure if that is a bug...

Steve

---

-- / Craig Huckabee | e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / / Code 715-CH | phone: (843) 218 5653 / / SPAWAR Systems Center | close proximity: "Hey You!" / / Charleston, SC | ICBM: 32.78N, 79.93W /